The Work Start program provides immigrant youth with 8-weeks of paid work experience in various roles that are a match with their previous work and education background, skills and interests. Work placements are supplemented with Friday employability skills sessions on Canadian workplace expectations, culture and communication, to assist with participants’ transition to current job opportunities with host organizations.
- 18 to 30 years of age
- Permanent resident of Canada
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance in the last 5 years
- Have not received funding supports from another program
For more information, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
The Refugee Employment Development Initiative (REDI) is a unique multi-part program that offers refugees with lower level English skills an opportunity to increase their language and workplace skills and enter the Canadian labour market.
The program aims to address labour shortages within high demand sectors. Current opportunities:
Eligibility criteria for all streams:
- Immigrant or Refugee Status
- Language Levels CLB 1– 4
- Available to be in class Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Physical ability to do the job duties (i.e. bending, lifting, reaching)
- Employment ready!
For more information, e-mail: REDI@manitobastart.com.