Before you Move
Planning to live and work in Manitoba?
Before you move, learn as much as you can about your occupation and your destination in Manitoba. The more you plan and prepare before you move, the better we can help you when you arrive.
We have the resources for you to learn everything you need to know before you make the move.
- Plan for your employment and settlement.
- Learn about regulated professions in Manitoba, qualifications recognition, and the licensing process.
- Research your occupation.
- Research local immigrant services, housing opportunities, schools and cost of living.
- Improve your English with free online lessons.
Planning for Canada, funded by Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada, provides pre-arrival services to economic and family class immigrants before coming to Canada. Manitoba Start is happy to be part of Planning for Canada as Provincial Advisors to help immigrants prepare for their move, settlement and employment in Canada.