Seeking a challenging career with opportunities for personal fulfillment and professional development?
Manitoba Start is looking to fill the position(s) below:
Manitoba Start (ESI Inc.) is the leading provider of career development and job matching services to immigrants and employers in Manitoba. We assist newcomers in adjusting to the Canadian landscape as it pertains to employment and to enable meaningful connections to the Manitoba labour market.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Career Services, the Career Coach/ Facilitator is responsible for facilitating workshops and providing coaching services to newcomers, to assist them in becoming employment ready for the Canadian workforce.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from an accredited institution in Career Development, Adult Education or Social Sciences. An equivalent combination of skills, education and experience will be considered.
- 2-3 years of related experience facilitating workshops and delivering career coaching services in an adult learning environment.
- Client-service oriented; possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to and empathize with the needs of immigrants from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Skilled in needs assessment, developing action plans and familiarity with career and/or vocational planning and occupational choices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines, while efficiently performing tasks independently and as a part of a dynamic culturally diverse team.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications, database applications and internet research.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of issues surrounding labour market supply and demand, life skills, employability/essential skills and all aspects of work search preparation and self-marketing.
- Demonstrated value for and understanding of principles of diversity.
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset.
Annual Salary: $44,445 per annum
Cultural Competence ● Building Relationships and Networking ● Accountability and Dependability ● Professional Ethics and Integrity ● Client-Centered ● Decision Making and Judgment ● Communication ● Technical Knowledge
Manitoba Start offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Statements of qualifications can be submitted to:
271 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2A8
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest!
Are you an immigrant looking for job opportunities? Visit our job postings page for opportunities with employers across Manitoba.