WorkStart is a unique work experience program that taps the skills of newcomer youth, professionals and provides up to 8-weeks of paid work experience at no financial cost to the employer.
Through participating in the WorkStart program, employers:
- Access world-class professional skills and experience;
- Gain additional human resources;
- Screen and onboard potential new employees;
- Reap the business benefits of diversity; and
- Contribute to newcomers’ long-term quality employment opportunities.
271 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2A8
204-942-8833 ext. 175
Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS)
The Manitoba Start Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) supports Winnipeg youth in finding meaningful employment to successfully transition into their desired career.
Youth will be matched to a Winnipeg employer in a position that aligns with their education, skills and/or interests, plus connect weekly to Career Development support from a Manitoba Start Career Coach. YESS provides up to 8-weeks of paid work experience at no financial cost to the employer.