MATERIALS TESTING TECHNICIAN - LEVEL 2 ENG-TECH Consulting Limited is a materials testing lab and geotechnical engineering firm based in Winnipeg that performs quality control and quality assurance services for construction projects. We are seeking a full time Materials Testing Technician – Level 2 to join our team of professionals. Applicants must be motivated individuals with a passion for material sciences, have strong competencies in mathematics, and be detail and solution- oriented. This position will work both in ENG-TECH's in-house lab at 420 Turenne Street in Winnipeg, as well as construction projects throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba.
- Be willing to work in mobile laboratory and/or in camp settings
- Be willing to work outside of Winnipeg for both short- and long-term
- Be comfortable driving for extended amounts of time and work in remote settings
- Be able to make decisions in the field with input and guidance from laboratory management.
- Understand project specifications, document, and report test results
- Conduct field testing, inclusive of concrete, soils and asphalt testing, and related inspections
- Clear and accurate communication with co-workers, laboratory management, and clients
- Assist in equipment maintenance
- Assist in calibration of equipment and maintenance of certification paperwork
- Concrete testing, routine and complex laboratory and field tests
- Soils testing and reporting
- Aggregates testing and reporting
- Routine maintenance and/or calibrations on lab equipment
- Density testing
Applicants must have 1-2 years of experience in testing and inspection of concrete and aggregate. Applicants should be a Certified Engineering Technologist or Certified Technician through C.T.T.A.M or another provincial body or be able to be certified, should have ACI Level 1 or CCIL Type Q Concrete in the laboratory and field, and must hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license. Applicants must be able to interpret technical procedures and specifications and prepare technical reports. Additionally, applicants must be detail oriented, demonstrate proficiency with computer software, possess critical thinking skills and can communicate complex ideas clearly and simply, both orally and in writing. Experience with asphalt desirable but not necessary