We are currently seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician at our Winnipeg, Manitoba facility. The Maintenance Technician and will be responsible to perform scheduled preventive maintenance, troubleshoot and repair/ overhaul of machinery, equipment, and services. This position will work on a day shift schedule of 12 hours to support a 24/7/365 operation. There may be opportunities to work in different shifts to meet the process requirement, overtime due to breakdowns, scheduled maintenance or projects may be required.
- Performs daily troubleshooting, maintenance and repair work, PMs on all plant or building equipment and services.
- Maintains the operation and surveillance of plant utilities and ancillary equipment, related control panels, and building control systems.
- Monitors and performs work on Wastewater DAF system
- Performs installation and setup of new and existing equipment.
- Assist in preparing preventive and predictive maintenance schedules
- Perform other related duties as assigned such emergency repairs and general building and yard maintenance.
- Maintains good line of communication with all staff and between shifts.
- 2 years of maintenance manufacturing experience (food production plant an asset).
- Mechanical trades licensing an asset but not required (Millwright or other an asset)
- Welder trades licensing an asset but nor required (red seal certification)
- Very strong mechanical background and abilities to perform various maintenance activities.
- 3rd or 4th Class Engineer Certification a definite asset
- Ability to perform plumbing, refrigeration mechanic, etc. an asset.
- Experience in maintaining preventive and ongoing maintenance programs.
- Working proficiency in CMMS. PMxpert plus MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel.
- Flexibility to respond to issues outside of regular working hours.