The primary role of the Human Resources (HR) Generalist is to support and execute the implementation of human resources initiatives, policies, and practices, by partnering with the business to facilitate a work environment that promotes our VALUES and our PURPOSE, employee engagement, and ensures compliance with employment legislation. Key responsibilities of the HR Generalist will be focused on being the first point of contact for employees, administration, coordination and facilitation of HR Programs, Recruitment & Onboarding, Health & Wellness and coaching our people for success. This position offers a competitive salary, paid time-off, as well as Health & Dental Benefits.
- Acts as the first point of contact and subject matter expert by responding to supervisor and employee calls.
- Provides interpretation and guidance to leaders and staff on HR issues in alignment with ESA Regulations, and other Employment Laws, and conducts sessions to educate staff at all levels.
- Supports the implementation and adherence to internal HR policies and practices as well as ensuring their consistent application.
- Supports, coaches and guides Supervisors/Managers in Performance Management and other employees related processes. Provides advice and training to Supervisor/Managers on recruitment strategies and techniques.
- Coordinates and participates in the various annual human resources processes: Performance Management, KPI Bonus Program, Wellness Clinics.
- Oversees and manages all employee personal information in HRIS and other systems, including payroll and employee notifications, employee letters, training events, employee files and other employee-related communication.
- Provides support, participates, and may lead human resources special projects and initiatives related to department annual plans.
- Coordinates scheduled training for all employees, either in-house or external training/education.
- Oversees, coordinates, and participates in the recruitment process for all vacant functional vacancies.
- Responsible for the evolution of the onboarding program and facilitating the orientation with new employees, ensuring documentation for all new employees and/or current employees /or transfers is accurately completed and submitted to payroll.
- Manages the Wellness, Recognition & Social Programs: program development, events, timelines, and deployment.
- Current knowledge of the various MB employment legislation and other HR-related regulations.
- Full-cycle recruitment best practices, including use of ATS, sourcing and other tools/techniques.
- Competent at developing HR policies and delivering various HR programs.
- Leadership skills, including engaging interpersonal skills, change management, ability to motivate and influence, and results-oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate one-on-one and in group settings.
- Problem-solving with solid analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot as the need arises.
- Competent background in HR systems, including ATS and Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Relevant University/College degree/diploma. Chartered Professional in Human Resources designation (CPHR) is an asset but comparable experience and/or education will be considered. Minimum 2 years’ experience in human resources administration and/or coordination.
- Strong people orientation balanced with an understanding of business needs. Willingness to assist employees with human resources queries and requests.
- Superior time management skills, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks. Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Capability to work in a team environment with varied departments and diverse personalities.