Before you move
Planning to live and work in Manitoba?
Learn as much as you can about your occupation and your destination in Manitoba before you move. The more you plan and prepare before you move, the better we can help you when you arrive.
We have the resources for you to learn everything you need to know before you make the move.
- Plan for your employment and settlement.
- Learn about regulated professions in Manitoba, qualifications recognition, and the licensing process.
- Research your occupation.
- Research local immigrant services, housing opportunities, schools and cost of living.
- Improve your English with free online lessons.
When You Arrive
Manitoba Start is the first place to go.
- What does Manitoba Start do?
- Am I eligible?
- How do I benefit?
- How do I get services?
- I live outside of Winnipeg. Where can I go for help?
How We Work With You
Step 1: Gather your required documents for referrals to career, employment, and training services.
Step 2: Visit Manitoba Start’s Office to register for free services.
Step 3: Receive free services!
Apply for jobs
Manitoba Start partners with Manitoba employers to identify opportunities in various fields and industries.
Apply through the Job Matching Unit
Apply for job opportunities with employers who are in partnership with the Job Matching Unit.
Apply through Employers Direct
Apply for job and/or volunteer opportunities directly with employers in the province.