To: Fri, 29 January 2021
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT
Are you an International Student looking to study, live and work in Manitoba? Do you need support in navigating the Canadian job market and finding work that aligns with your goals?
Then, register for Manitoba Start’s International Student Program!
This program is specifically designed with your unique needs in mind. At Manitoba Start, we recognize the challenges that International Students face when looking for work in a new environment. This session is designed to equip you with tools and resources to overcome these challenges.
Our experienced career coaches and facilitators will help you in:
- Addressing Cross-Cultural Barriers: What is Canadian Workplace Culture? How do you gain Canadian Experience?
- Understanding the Canadian Labour Market: Who is Hiring? Where can you find this information?
- Learning and applying effective Work Search Strategies: What jobs should you target? How would your access the Hidden Job Market?
- Developing Marketing Tools – Resume, Cover Letter: How to please the ATS when applying online? Using AI software to improve your chances.
- Using LinkedIn and other Networking Tools: Putting the WORK into NetWORKing
- Preparing for Virtual Interviews: Dos and Don’ts; Commonly asked Questions; Practising your Elevator Pitch
This program is being offered for the first time in January 2021! Online workshops will be followed by one-on-one individual appointments for interested candidates.
Manitoba Start is funded by the Government of Manitoba and the Government of Canada. All of Manitoba Start’s programs are free. We have been helping newcomers reach their employment goals since October 2010.
Sign up today by reaching out to Manitoba Start: