To: Mon, 16 September 2019
271 Portage Ave
Build your future and learn to become a 5th Class Power Engineer!
(Please note that Information Session date may change.)
Manitoba Start (in partnership with Red River College) is providing an innovative program to bridge newcomers to Power Engineering employment opportunities in Manitoba by providing training ($6,000 value) for 16 newcomers to become certified 5th Class Power Engineers. In Manitoba, a 5th Class Power Engineer is a certified occupation responsible for the operation and maintenance of boiler plants.
Are you available to attend 17-weeks of full-time unpaid free training from October 2019 – February 2020? Manitoba Start has 16 spots available at No Charge!
- 17-weeks unpaid free training from October 2019 – February 2020 ($6,000 value)
- Classes are Monday – Friday, (8:00 am – 4:30 pm) at Red River College Notre Dame Campus
- 250-hour built-in practicum which will allow you to write the Manitoba Office of the Fire Commissioner 5th Class License Exam
- Manitoba Start will provide support with employment placement at the end of the program
- Language support is provided
- Educational background in the field of engineering (HVAC, electrical, mechanical etc.)
- Interest or an aptitude in working with mechanical equipment that incorporates elements of engineering
- Permanent Resident
- Be absolutely committed to attend the full length of the program (17 weeks)
There is no cost to you to join this exciting training opportunity!
If you meet the commitments above, please send in your resume and CLB results to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Power Engineering – 5th Class” in the subject line.
Manitoba Start will review all applications. Candidates who meet the qualifications will then be contacted to attend an Information Session in September.